Believe in yourself!!
There may be days when you get up in the morning and things aren’t the way you had hoped they would be.
That’s when you have to tell yourself that things will get better.
There are times when people disappoint you and let you down.
But those are the times when you must remind yourself to trust your own judgments and opinions, to keep your life focused on believing in yourself.
There will be challenges to face and changes to make in your life, and it is up to you to accept them.
Constantly keep yourself headed in the right direction for you.
It may not be easy at times, but in those times of struggle you
will find a stronger sense of who you are.
So when the days come that are filled with frustration and unexpected responsibilities, remember to believe in yourself
and all you want your life to be....
Because the challenges and changes will only help you to find
the goals that you know are meant to come true for you.
Rules to live by....
Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills
will be as important as any other.
Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.
When you say, 'I love you,' mean it.
When you say, 'I'm sorry,' look the person in the eye..
Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
Believe in love at first sight.
Never laugh at anyone's dreams.
People who don't have dreams don't have much.
Love deeply and passionately.
You might get hurt but it's the only way to live life completely.
In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.
Don't judge people by their relatives.
Talk slowly but think quickly.
When someone asks you a question you don't want to answer, smile and ask,
'Why do you want to know?'
Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
Say 'bless you' when you hear someone sneeze.
When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
Remember the three R's: Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.
Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
TWENTY.Smile when picking up
Safety Tips for Women
1. Always be aware of your surroundings
This applies whether you are traveling alone or in groups. Dont just focus inwardly on your thoughts if
you are alone, or your friends if you are together. Keep one eye out for your environment, looking out
for suspicious characters, possible danger, etc. Also, dont assume that because your area has been "safe"
thus far, that it will continue to be so.
2. Travel in groups
"There is safety in numbers" is not just a cliche. Its true. Make a point of traveling together with other
sisters, whether its on public transportation, on campus, in cars, etc.
3. Change the route you normally travel by
If you've taken the same bus, train or road to get to work or school, change your route. Even if it takes
you a little longer, your safety is more important. By changing your route, you can avert possible attacks
or harassment from those who know your schedule, method and route of travel well. Please note though
that you should avoid short cuts that take you through unfamiliar or unsafe areas.
4. Look confident
Walk with a straight posture and your arms swinging by your sides. Avoid slouching or walking like
a victim. This makes you an easy target for attackers.
5. When riding by public transportation choose the right seat
If you are riding by bus or train, do not sit on the window seat as you may be "blocked in" by a
potential assailant. Always select the seat next to the aisle so that you can quickly leave if necessary.
If you are taking public transportation alone after peak hours, sit as close to the driver as possible
and/or choose the section of the bus/train that is most crowded. Try to get a seat near the exit as well.
6. If you are driving alone
Don’t think that if you are in a car, you are safe. Windows should be up and doors locked even when
driving to avoid unwanted passengers at intersections. When you are walking to your car, always have
your keys ready, so that you can quickly get into your car. But don’t just get in right away.
Always check your car before entering, especially the back, for any intruders.
7. Never leave your car door unlocked
Even if it means for one minute to drop something off in the mailbox that is a few feet away.
Attackers have been known to lie in wait for such an opportunity.
8. Be careful in parking lots
Always be alert in parking lots, especially when it's dark. Ask someone to escort you to your car.
Between cars and inside cars, it's easy for someone to hide and wait until an un alert person comes along.
9. If you are traveling by taxi
Always check the identification of the driver (usually located near the visor) and ensure that it matches
the driver. Once inside, don't sit behind the driver as it may be easy for the driver to lock the rear
passenger door. Always choose the adjacent seat .
In addition, avoid flagging taxis. Always order taxis so the driver can be traced if something happens.
10. Dont use a walkman
If you are used to listening to your walkman while outside, drop this habit, especially in isolated areas.
With your walkman on, you cannot hear the approach of a possible attacker.
11. Note "safe houses" along your route
Mentally note houses at intervals on each route you take that can be used as "safe houses" if you are attacked, such as shops or houses that you know to be occupied by a friend or acquaintance.
12. When you make a call from a phone booth
After dialing the number you wish to call always turn around so that you have your back to the phone
and may see who or what is coming your way. You will then be able to tell the person to whom you are speaking that you may be in trouble and you may be able to use the weight of the phone as a weapon.
The door of a telephone box could be used to wedge in the limbs of the attacker.
13. Do not open the door of your home without checking
DO NOT open the door to your home without first checking from a window, peephole or by asking and verifying who it is. Instruct children to do the same.
14. Report any suspicious activity around your home
If you see people loitering on the streets near your house, call the police on a non emergency number
and report it.
15. Always have your mobile phone with you
This is an invaluable safety device. Keep it with you at all times and keep emergency numbers on it.
Also, keep it next to your bed before you go to bed at night. Mobile phones were first popularized
by women as a security device, business people came later.
16. Parking tips
Avoid parking in areas that are not well lit. Where possible, park close to a school or work entrance
or in a parking garage that has an attendant. If you see a suspicious person approaching or hanging
around near your parked car, turn around and go back to an area where there are other people.
Try to get an escort to your car through the campus or job security or local police.
17. Tell others about your whereabouts
Parents, spouses and friends should know where you are going and when you will be back, so that
your absence will be noticed. Arrange a call in system with a friend if you live alone, whereby you
call when you arrive home.
18. Trust your instincts
If you are walking somewhere and feel strange or scared, don’t ignore this feeling. Take extra
precautions by walking a little faster to get to a more populated or well-lit area or change the
route you have been driving on.
19. If you think you are being followed, change your route and activity.
You can cross the street, change directions, or enter a populated building or store. Do whatever
is necessary to avoid being alone with the person who is following you. Inform a police officer or
security official about the follower.
20. Attract attention if you are in a dangerous situation.
Get others to pay attention to what's happening to you if you are under attack or being harassed.
You can alert others by honking a car horn or loudly describing what is happening.
21. NEVER admit that you are alone
If someone calls your home and asks if you are alone, NEVER admit it. Ask who the caller is. If they
refuse to identify themselves, calmly hang up. Keep the radio on in the house so that callers will get the impression that others are in the home too. Instruct children to do the same when they pick up the phone.
22. Obscene phone calls
If you receive an obscene call or a crank call, do not talk to the caller. Hang up if the caller doesn’t
say anything, or as soon as s/he shouts obscenities. Hang up the phone calmly and do not slam it down.
Note down the date and time of the calls. If they are persistent, inform local police.
23. If you are a student
Avoid studying in isolated classrooms in parts of the college campus that are not regularly patrolled
by the schools security officers.
24. In large buildings take the elevator, not the stairwell
Stairwells are usually quiet and dark. Most people take the elevator. But if someone creepy gets in,
don't hesitate to get off at the same time. Or, if someone is already in the elevator who you feel strange about, do not get in and wait for the next elevator.
Please Share with all women....Thanks
25 tips for a better life !
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. & while you walk, SMILE.
It is the ultimate antidepressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
3. When you wake up in the morning, Pray to ask God's guidance for your purpose, today.
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, broccoli, and almonds.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control.Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out credit card.
9. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Forgive them for everything !
11. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12.You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
14. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'
17. Help the needy,Be generous ! Be a 'Giver' not a 'Taker'
18. What other people think of you is none of your business.
19. Time heals everything.
20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
21. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
23. Each night before you go to bed ,Pray to God and Be thankful for what you'll accomplish, today !
24. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
25.Fwd this to everyone on your list to help them lead a happier life...